IAW is proud to announce its endorsement as a partner to an event totally dedicated to green lifestyle:
A double annual event, in which the exclusive period residence Sublime-La Villa, becomes the Roman headquarters of sustainability and innovation of global ethical fashion.
FASHION INDUSTRY IS THE SECOND MOST POLLUTING SECTOR IN THE WORLD
When calculating the national Italian GDP, ‘Made in Italy’ stands in second place with a manufacturing turnover of 97 billion euros in 2018. As emerged from the last World Economic Forum, the fashion industry is the second most polluting sector in the world after the oil industry, each year it is responsible for 10% of global greenhouse gas emissions (CO2) and contributes to the dissipation of 20 % of total water resources used throughout the various working phases (dyeing, printing, finishing and of course also to maintain the cotton plantations).
FASHION IS A HISTORY OF COMMUNICATION THAT BEGINS FROM AGRICULTURE
- Contributing significantly to global wealth, the fashion sector globally employs with stable jobsmore than 300 million people creating a total turnover of 225 billion euros annually.
- In particular Textile and clothing manufacturing have an enormous impact on ocean pollution:: about 60% of clothes are made of polyester which, because repeated washing, annually releases about 500,000 tons of microfibres into waterways (the equivalent of 50 billion plastic bottles!).
- According to a UN report, it is estimated that the fashion sector consumes more energy than air transport and maritime transport combined; in addition, 85% of fabrics are burned every year, further polluting the planet with PM10, PM5, PM1.
SUSTAINABLE FASHION MEETS TECHNOLOGY
Just a small example: thanks to SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION, of how the new PVC-free ECO-LEATHER are produced.
- From an environmental point of view, PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is considered the most dangerous plastic material as it is not biodegradable..
- PU (polyurethanes) do not contain PVC, azocolourants, formaldehyde and heavy metals, substances that are harmful to both the environment and humans. . By investing in technology and research the company’s development units have developed innovative materials for the fashion sector such as: leather recycled from pineapple peels, bananas, apples, oranges and mushrooms; giving life to a virtuous circular economy. This will be our trump card towards saving the ecosystem, in view of the new global structure.
This post will expire on Friday October 2nd, 2020 4:26pm