UN Food Systems Summit
The UN Food Systems Summit has confirmed that the Summit will take place on:
Thursday, September 23, 2021.
The event will be held during the UN General Assembly in New York and will take the form of a virtual event.
The Summit will follow the three-day Pre-Summit gathering in Rome last week (July 26-28), during which Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General, outlined the expectations for the Summit, which include:
- A statement of action from the UN Secretary-General
- A compendium of the Summit’s two-year preparations
- National dialogues and pathways for food systems to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030
- Coalitions cutting across the five Action Tracks and incorporating the four Levers of Change around key areas
- A follow-up and review process supported by the UN and its agencies
About the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit
The UN Food Systems Summit was announced by the UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, on World Food Day last October as a part of the Decade of Action for delivery on the SDGs by 2030. The aim of the Summit is to deliver progress on all 17 of the SDGs through a food systems approach, leveraging the interconnectedness of food systems to global challenges such as hunger, climate change, poverty and inequality.
The Summit will be a completely virtual event on Thursday, 23 September, 2021 during the UN General Assembly High-level week. Through this people’s summit, the UN will reaffirm its commitment to promote human rights for all and ensure everyone, everywhere has the opportunity to participate. The event is open to all through its virtual programme and this virtual platform.
This post will expire on Friday October 1st, 2021 12:20pm