A One Health Approach to Food: The Double Pyramid Connecting Food Culture, Health and Climate
Health and the environment need to be considered together when addressing such challenges.
Join us as we explore the Double Pyramid, a model that highlights how a balanced diet can promote our health, longevity, and wellbeing, while reducing the carbon footprint.
AGENDA AND SPEAKERS:
• Guido Barilla, Chairman, Barilla Foundation
The Double Pyramid – a Global Approach to Food Sustainability:
• Barbara Buchner, Global Managing Director, Climate Policy Initiative
• Million Belay, General Coordinator, Alliance for Food Sovereignty in Africa
• Brent Loken, Global Food Lead Scientist at WWF
Panel Discussion – Creating Better Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition Policy:
• Leonard Mizzi, Head of Unit, Sustainable Agri-Food systems and Fisheries, European Commission
• Elise Golan, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA), Director for Sustainable Development
• Gabriele Riccardi, Professor of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, University of Naples “Federico II”; Former President, Italian Society of Diabetology – SID
• Sophie Hieke, Head of Consumer Science, EUFIC
Panel Discussion – Restoring the Earth One Meal at a Time:
• Chiara Pavan, Chef
• Don Bustos, Santa Cruz Farms
• Riccardo Valentini, Professor at University of Tuscia DIBAF; CMCC Foundation Strategic Advisor
Closing Remarks – Leveraging synergies between culture, food and education for sustainable development and environmental sustainability:
• Paola Leoncini Bartoli, Director, Cultural Policies and Development, UNESCO
Moderator: Danielle Nierenberg, President and Founder, Food Tank
The event is organized in collaboration with Food Tank, under the patronage of the Italian National Commission for UNESCO.
This post will expire on Friday May 14th, 2021 8:18am