Smallholder farmers are on the frontline, …
… keeping the food supply chain running during COVID-19.
However, restrictions on movement are keeping them…
… from selling products or buying seeds.
6 ways countries can support smallholder farmers:
1. Facilitate movement of agricultural products
2. Buy surplus fresh produce to supply those in need
3. Connect farmers to markets to avoid food losses
4. Match agricultural job opportunities to unemployed workers
5. Provide financial support to small and medium-sized enterprises
6. Ensure access to agricultural inputs and services for next season
We need to support our food heroes.
This post will expire on Monday June 8th, 2020 4:26am